It’s Social Media Day! What an awesome holiday. For live coverage, check out Mashable’s live streaming feed to show events happening around the globe. I’ll be heading to a tweetup downtown in DC to celebrate the momentous ocassion. For an event near you, search on the MeetUp site – there’s plenty going on, so find something for you!
I don’t really have to tell you that I love social media. My blog has partially evolved into a conversation piece about how much I love it. Here are some great things that it’s done for me:
- Connected me with some great individuals online – happy to have met all of you!
- Allowed me to meet some of these stellar folks in person at Social Media Club events, at SHRM/HR events or just for random coffees along the way
- Made me get out of my shell and comfort zone and reach out to people who are always more than happy to respond positively and excitedly
- Reinforce the idea that learning is a constant – there’s always something new and interesting going on that I can find through my Twitter feed
- Opened up a whole new set of doors for me in a professional and personal sense
Thanks everyone for staying with me here – you’ve all been an integral part of my social media experiment. So celebrate and enjoy!
What are your plans for the big day?